Dog Breath and Tummy Tamers Recipe
This is a recipe I located on line for healthy pet treats...
You can add a 1/2 cup of chopped dried apples to this recipe if you choose, not fresh because of spoileage.
1 1/4 cwater
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspdried peppermint
1 1/2 tsppeppermint extract
2 cwhole wheat flour
1 cunbleached flour
1/2 ccornmeal (white or yellow)
1 1/2 tspdry yeast
2 Tbspactivated charcoal
1/2 capple, dried (chopped) opt
How to Make Dog Breath and Tummy Tamers Recipe
- Put all the ingredients in your bread maker in this order....
- Set the bread maker for the dough cycle.
When the dough is finished, remove it and divide it into 3 balls.
- Roll each portion into a sheet that measures 1/4” thick.
Cut the cookies, using a cutter.
Let the charcoal dog biscuits rise for 45-60 minutes. Pre heat oven to 275*
- Bake the biscuits at 275* for about 50-60 minutes.
Turn off the oven and let the biscuits continue to dry for several hours or overnight in the oven. They will be hard and crisp when finished.
- You can store them at room temperature in an airtight container and they will keep for a few months. You can freeze them too...