betty van buren
1. I KNOW WHAT IS IN THEM.
2. THEY ARE A LOT FRESHER THAN THE ONES YOU BUY.
3.OUR DOGS ARE LIKE OUR KIDS. THEY LIKE TO HAVE HOME MADE TREATS. WHAT BETTER THAN DOG BISCUITS.MY DOGS LOVE THEM.
1 cupwhole wheat flour
1/2 cupall purpose flour
3/4 cupdry milk powder
1/2 cupquick cooking oats
1/4 cupyeloow corn meal
1 eggslightly beaten
1 tbspinstant chicken or beef bouillon granules
1/2 cuphot water
How to Make DOG BISCUITS
- Combine flours,milk powder,rolled oats,& sugar in medium bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg. stir instant bouillon granules in hot water till dessolved. slowly pour into flour mixture,stieeing with a fork to moisten.
- Form dough into 2 balls,& knead on floured board until smooth & elastic. Divide dough in half,& roll out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.Make cutouts with cookie cutters or roll into any size balls or nuggets you desire.
- The recipe calls to microwave them @medium power for 5-10 minutes or till dry & firm. I put them in the oven @ 275 degrees for 8-10 minutes. When they feel firm(like firm like when you take your cookies out), put them on a cookie sheet to cool. They will crisp up when cooled.
- I hope you enjoy making them. I know the dogs will like them.