Bird Seed Wreath
How to Make Bird Seed Wreath
- If you enjoy birds and birdwatching, here's an easy way to make a bird seed wreath as a treat for the birds in your neighborhood, and to supplement your regular feeders.
- You can start by making up a batch of bread dough or you can use a one pound frozen bread dough.
- Roll your dough into a rope about 30 inches long. Cut the dough lengthwise into three strands and braid them together and place them on a greased cookie pan. You can grease the outside of a round cake pan and use it as a form - although it works just fine without too.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise until doubled. Preheat your oven to 375*
- Bake your wreath for about 20 minutes. Then brush with whisked egg, cover with wild bird seed, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let dry uncovered for 24 hours. Then hang it outside where the birds can enjoy their Christmas present.