Banana and Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 1/3 c
- peanut butter, smooth, lower sugar or natural is better
- 1/2 c
- mashed banana (about 1 banana)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c
- wheat germ
- egg white, lightly beaten for brushing
How to Make Banana and Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 1Preheat oven to 300° F. Lightly spray a baking sheet.
- 2Stir together the egg, peanut butter, banana, and honey in a medium bowl to blend thoroughly. Slowly stir in the flour and wheat germ; mix well. Place a piece of wax paper onto board or counter top and flour. Turn dough out onto the floured paper and place another sprinkle of flour and top with another piece of wax paper. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick and remove top layer of wax paper. Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter, place on prepared baking sheet, and brush tops with egg white if desired.
- 3Bake biscuits in preheated oven until dried and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, depending on size. I would closely watch these after 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- 4No wheat germ??? Try using quick oats instead. Roughly grind it in a food grinder or coffee grinder for the right consistency, or you can use as is. Works just the same.