Cin's "Homemade Hand and Body Cream"
RECIPE USUALLY YIELDS APPROXIMATELY 50 TO 60 OUNCES
1(1 lb) jar of aquabase or hydrobase (you have to order from a pharmacists)
1(4 oz) bottle of glycerin
1 ozbaby oil gel (or baby oil)
3 ozaloe vera (clear gel)*
4 ozvitamin e (clear gel)
3 1/2 cwater
*ALOE VERA IS OPTIONAL DUE TO ALLERGIES
How to Make Cin's "Homemade Hand and Body Cream"
- Combine first 5 ingredients together in a LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add 1-cup of the water and mix with mixer on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the water 1-cup at a time; mixing for 3-minutes after each cup is added.
- After all the water is added, mix for approximately 15 minutes (so all ingredients are well blended and lotion becomes fluffy).
- Divide cream into clean dry jars for gift giving or for your self.
- You can put cream into small mason, ball or kerr jars with lids.
- NOTE from CinStraw:
I use old antique AVON jars as they make nice gift jars. Just wash them out with mild soapy water, rinse well and dry completely before filling with lotion-cream.
If it ends up on the thin side, then I call it "LOTION", if thicker (as it usually is) I call it "CREAM"...depends on the base you can find to use.
I loved Unibase best BUT it has been discontinued, so we can not get it anymore. Therefore I have been using Aquabase instead for some time now.
It is a base the doctors and nurses used to mix their medication creams with.