Will post a picture soon
2parts cocoa butter solid
1part baking soda
1part citric acid
·a little powdered or crushed herbs (optional)
USE THE NEXT PART SPARINGLY
1drop or two of natural coloring (optional)
1drop or two of essential oil to go with the herb or flower.
How to Make Bath Melts
- Melt the cocoa butter add EO(s) and color if you wish. then add powdered ingredients, stir then pour into molds. Let sit in fridge or freezer until set then pop out of molds and let sit for a day or two.
Then use or wrap air tight to store or give as gifts
I use a microwave to melt the cocoa butter. add the essential oil after not before doing that.
- My favorite's are
1. Orange peel finely grated and a drop of orange essential oil. A light orange color is nice also
2. Lavender flowers crushed and essential oil if needed for scent and purple coloring if desired
3. Peppermint leaves crushed and peppermint essential oil with a drop of green coloring.
- Orange essential oil is a anti depressant, anti septic, aphrodisiac, carminative.
Peppermint essential oil is a mood booster and there by anti-depressant, helps with a stuffy nose, kills poison ivy and sumack, releaves itching, and reduces swelling, antiseptic.
Lavender essential oil is a power house. lavender helps abscesses, acne, allergies, athlete's feet and fungal infections, boils, bruises, burns, cold sores, cuts, dermatitis, eczema, hives, inflammations, insect bites and stings, lice, psoriasis, rashes, ringworm, scabies, scars, shingles, stretch-marks, sunburns and wounds,
Circulation, muscles and joints aches and pains, helps reduce cellulite, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, Lumbago, reduces swelling and pain, relaxes tight muscles, joint pain, rheumatism, and sprains. Respiratory Asthma (when associated with emotional trauma), bronchitis, coughs, colds, congestion, flu, laryngitis, throat infections, whooping cough, and sinus infections.