This recipe is private
Rusty Crayfish Quiche
Taste is very similar to fresh lobster
- rusty crayfish
- 4 qt
- old bay (or other cajun seasoning)
- 1/8 lb
- wild leeks
- 1/4 lb
- morel mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- dried herb mixture (oregano and thyme recommended)
- salt and pepper as desired
How to Make Rusty Crayfish Quiche
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Boil crayfish in water seasoned with Old Bay for 3 minutes.
Remove crayfish, cut off tails and de-vein the tail meat.
Also remove meat from all sizable claws.
- 2Rough chop wild leeks and morels. Heat butter and oil
in a pan, and sauté leeks and morels until softened.
Place rusty crayfish and leek/mushroom mixture into
a pie pan.
- 3Beat eggs with a dash of milk. Add in dried herbs.
Salt and pepper to taste. Add eggs to the pie pan on
top of the crayfish, leek and mushroom mixture.
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until quiche is set.