Tomboy the Turkey
Don't forget to eat up the melon afterwards.
1 mediummelon, i used a honeydew
1 mediumbrown pear
1 smallbox raisins
1 mediumred bell pepper
1 mediumorange bell pepper
1 bunchgrapes, seedless
1 pkgcheese cut into chunks
1 pkglong thin skewers
How to Make Tomboy the Turkey
- First thing you want to do is slice a piece off the bottom of the melon, so that it will sit still. :-) Then, take your pear using toothpicks place it on the front of melon high up, so that Tomboy now has a head.
- 2 raisins for his eyes, a small slice of pepper shaped liked a nose and a piece of pepper for his gobbler. Then, take a pepper and cut it like the shape of a W for the feet of Tomboy.
- For the first row of feathers you will need long thin slices of peppers of different colors. The more colorful the better. Place those into the melon with toothpicks as well.
- The larger feathers are long thin skewers with the grapes and cheeses placed on them. You will need to use cheese chunks that are not too cold, so that they won't split in half so easily.
- The kids can help with all this and it will be alot of fun for everyone. You could put as many feathers as you like. Another row of medium skewers with grapes, white cheddar and grape tomatoes would be fun too.
- Let me know what you do and be sure to take a pic and post it here, so that I can see your Tomboy or whatever you name your Turkey!