Stuffed Portabellas With Turkey Sausage & Gouda!
1 lbhoneysuckle brand bulk turkey breakfast sausage
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 jar(s)roasted red pepper, very finely diced (can use your own roasted pepper as well)
1/4 cminced onion
2 clovegarlic, minced
2egg whites or 1 whole egg
4 largeportabella mushrooms
1/2 cdry stove-top stuffing, ground fine in the food processor, or seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese
·ground pepper to taste
4 slicegouda cheese
How to Make Stuffed Portabellas With Turkey Sausage & Gouda!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, then place a baking rack on top. Spry with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, chop and set aside.
- Use a large spoon to remove the gills from the mushrooms.
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet, saute chopped mushrooms, onions, and green pepper and over medium heat until translucent. Add minced garlic and continue to saute for another minute or until fragrant.
- Mix together, sausage, stuffing mix, egg whites, sauteed veggies, ground pepper and Parmesan cheese, thoroughly.
- Divide filling into four large mushroom caps.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove mushroom caps from ove and change oven setting to broil.