Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a wonderfully easy way to prepare turkey... Once you put it in the oven, there is no tending to it until you need to insert the thermometer. Love! The Test Kitchen
·Reynolds or another brand roasting bag.
1 tspsalt and pepper
1 tsp(each) sage, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, paprika, a little garlic powder (about 1/2 tsp)
1/2 tspKitchen Bouquet
How to Make Roast Turkey
- Buy a fresh turkey or thaw your turkey in the refrigerator for about 1 week. Take any turkey pieces out of the cavity and under the neck flap. Wash and pat dry including the inside.
- Combine the sage, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, paprika and garlic in a little dish.
- Rub the Kitchen Bouquet over the turkey with your hand so it has a nice even brown coating.
- Cut one celery stalk in half and put in the cavity with the peeled carrot and the onion which you have quartered.
- Rub the seasoning over the turkey breast and legs reserving a little to put in the cavity.
- Put a tablespoonful of flour in the roasting bag. Put the other 2 stalks of celery in the bottom.
- Tie the turkey legs together with cooking string and tie the wings down as well. Place the turkey in the bag and use the tie that comes with it to close the bag. Poke a couple of small holes or slits in the top of the bag.
- Put turkey in the bag in the bottom of the roasting pan. Do not put the lid on! Roast according to the time chart that comes with the bag for the weight of the unstuffed turkey.