Leftover Turkey Taquitos
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a great way to use leftovers without seeming like you are using leftovers. I added the jalapeno juice because I like things a bit spicy. But customize this recipe to what you like. These would be great to much on while watching some football! The Test Kitchen
4 cuse leftover turkey, clean that carcass lots of meat there!!
1/2 cdiced onion
1 pkgcorn tortillas (12)
1/2 csour cream
·pickled jalapeno, diced fine and a little pickled jalapeno juice (optional for a bit of flavor and heat)
·salt and pepper, to taste for both turkey and guacamole
How to Make Leftover Turkey Taquitos
- To make the guacamole, remove the avocado from skin. Mash with a fork and add about 1/2 cup sour cream. Dice the pickled jalapenos (1-2 or more depending on how hot you like it) and add. Next add salt, pepper, and about 1 Tbsp of the jalapeno juice from jar/can. Stir all ingredients until smooth.
- Heat tortillas in a clean dish towel until soft (about 2 min depending on microwave).
- Meanwhile, fill a large pan with about 1-inch oil and let get hot; med-high flame.
- Fill with meat and onion mixture roll seam side down.
- Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve with salsa of your choice and guacamole.