Left Over Turkey Soup/Stew
The title has Soup/Stew because depending on the amount of liquid you add... you can make it thinner or thicker... I was intending to make it a stew a few months ago, when my niece and her family showed up unexpectedly.... so I added water/broth and made it a soup... they loved it!
Talk about "comfort food"!!! I eat soup almost every day... sometimes for every meal... I love soup!
As a matter of fact... I made my friend Freda's "Turkey Soup the next day", before I made this one... and Freda's went so fast... so try hers out too!
1whole stalk celery (chopped)
3 - 4 largepotatoes (diced)
2 largeyellow onions (chopped)
2 qtturkey broth and drippings from roaster and any chunks of turkey that are with it.
1 qtleft over turkey gravy
1 can(s)carrots (drained)
1 can(s)mixed vegetables (drained)
1 smallcan whole kernel corn (drained)
1/2 tspground sage
1 tspground black pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspground red pepper
2 pkgramen chicken noodle soup
How to Make Left Over Turkey Soup/Stew
- Put water in large soup pot on to boil.
Prepare celery and put in the pot. Cube up the potatoes (with or without peelings).
Chop up the onions, add to the pot. Cook until done.
- Add all ingredients except noodles (do add spice packets)
*** You can also make home made noodles or use store bought noodles of choice.
- When this comes to a boil add the noodles and cook about 8 minutes longer. Taste... adjust by adding more spices if desired. Add more water if desired to make more soup broth... to taste.
- At this point, add more chopped up turkey if desired.
Serve with crusty bread and a salad.
- This is a guide to making your own soup, you can add or remove items according to your family's tastes.