Fried Cabbage & Sausage
How to Make Fried Cabbage & Sausage
- Spray generously a non-stick skillet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Slice package of turkey sausage in half then slice into thirds lengthwise.
- Place sausage into medium heated skillet. Cook until carmelized on both sides but not burnt. Remove sausage from skillet and place in glass bowl. (do not place on paper towels). Spray skillet with additional cooking spray. Take wooden spoon and loosen any browning on bottom of skillet.
- While sausage is cooking, wash and shred cabbage.
- Place cabbage in heated skillet with browning and stir to coat cabbage with browning and cooking spray. After cabbage is coated and starts to wilt, turn heat down to low. Stir occasionally.
- Dice one half of the Sausage and put in skillet with cabbage before cabbage wilts. Add one half of the spices. Let simmer for 20 minute or until the consistency is the way you like. I like mine crunchy, my husband likes his soft. Add the other half of the spices, stir. Add slices to the top and enjoy.