1 - 12 ozBottled Beer, (Blue Moon)
1 largeYellow Onion
1 lbBaby Carrots
4 largeCelery Stalks
2 TbspButter (Smart Balance)
1 TbspOlive Oil, Extra Virgin
1 TbspDried Rosemary
·Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to Make Drunkin Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Pull out turkey neck and organs. Rinse turkey inside and out, neck and organs. Place everything in roasting pan.
- Pour beer in and around turkey. Pout water around turkey.
- Cut 1/2 onion in large wedges the other 1/2 in smaller wedges. Place 3 large wedges inside of turkey. All other wedges large and small around turkey
- Place about a handfull if baby carrots inside turkey. Scatter all other carrots around turkey.
- Be sure to use all of celery including the leaves and inside stalks. Chop leaves and inside stalks. Place inside turkey. Chop rest of celery and place around turkey.
- Take 1 tablespoon of butter cut in half and spread under skin of turkey by breast. Take other tablespoon of butter and rub all over outside of turkey.
- Rub olive oil all over outside of turkey.
- Season turkey, inside and out, and the vegetables and beer broth around turkey with salt and pepper. Sprinkle rosemary all over turkey inside and out.
- Cover turkey with foil. Place in oven set at 325 and bake covered for about 3 hours. Uncover and roast for remaining time basting with juices often. Most directions say about 4 hours but count on it taking longer.
- When done, remove Turkey from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Place turkey on platter, spoon vegetables around turkey and serve.