Bridgette’s Smothered Turkey necks
1 conions chopped
1/2 ccelery chopped
1/2 cgreen bell pepper chopped
1 pkgturkey necks
1/3 colive oil
1 Tbspchef gone mad cajun nola or all purpose seasoning
1/2 Tbsponion powder
1/2 Tbspgarlic powder
1 ctony chachere brown gravy mix (prepared as directed on the container)
How to Make Bridgette’s Smothered Turkey necks
- 1. Heat your pan and add oil and butter. I used my Montell Williams counter top (crockpot/stove/oven) it does a lot on the counter top without heating up the kitchen.
- 2. Season the turkey necks with Chef gone Mad, onion powder and garlic powder and allow to come to room temperature.
- 3. Add the turkey necks to hot oil. I fried on each side for 1 minute just to brown and removed to continue frying the rest of the turkey necks.
- 4. Set turkey necks to the side
- 5. Add celery and bell peppers to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 6. Add onions and fry for 5 minutes
- 7. Add gravy to the pan and let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste the gravy and add more seasoning to your taste if necessary.
- 8. Return turkey necks and drippings to gravy and I let it cook on crockpot on high for 3 hours, don’t forget to check and stir, make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the crockpot.
- 9. If you’re using a regular pot, let the turkey necks simmer until they are as tender as you desire. I like my turkey necks very tender almost “falling off the bone”.
- 10. I served mine with rice, buttery green peas and potato salad, bcuz that’s how I like to eat mine.