BEEF SOFT TACO BURRITO FAJITAS
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- 1 large
- sweet onion
- 3 pkg
- taco seasoning mix (i use 2 old el paso original & 1 taco bell)
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 pkg
- flour tortillas, your choice of size
- 1 lb
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (more or less)
- scallion greens, thinly sliced
- 1 jar(s)
- chunky tomato salsa (i prefer medium heat)
- lettuce, chopped or shredded
- sour cream
- optional toppings: sliced pickled jalapeno, chopped fresh tomato, sliced or chopped avocado, fresh minced cilantro, refried beans, sliced black olives
How to Make BEEF SOFT TACO BURRITO FAJITAS
- 2Gather and prep all ingredients (shred cheese, chop onions, wash and chop lettuce etc...)
- 3Add ground beef to a large skillet; cook over medium/medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes; add chopped onions and continue cooking until no pink remains.
- 4Cover skillet with lid or foil, reduce heat to low and cook for additional 3 to 4 minutes (to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked.)
- 5Remove foil; return heat to medium-high and allow to cook several minutes to reduce the juice in the pan.
- 8Reduce heat to very low and cover while preparing the tortilla.
- 9Place tortilla in medium size skillet over medium/medium low heat; evenly distribute cheese and a bit of scallions over tortilla.