Pasta with Shrimp, Tomatoes, and Garlic
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspdry white wine
1/2 cdry white wind
1 1/2 tspcornstarch
10uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 Tbspolive oil
1 1/2 cdiced plum tomatoes (about 10 oz)
1 largegarlic clove, minced
2 Tbspslivered fresh basil
How to Make Pasta with Shrimp, Tomatoes, and Garlic
- Whisk 1 tablespoon wine, egg white and cornstarch in medium bowl to blend.
- Mix in shrimp; sprinkle generously with salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Drain shrimp; add to skillet. Stir 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and remaining 1/2 cup wine and simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta; divide between large shallow bowls.
- Using tongs, place shrimp atop pasta.
- Boil sauce in skillet until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over shrimp. Sprinkle with basil and serve.