Maple Ginger Scallops
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 largescallops, muscle removed and patted dry
1/2 tsphot paprika, or as needed
1 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 Tbspfresh ginger, minced
1/4 clow-sodium chicken broth
3 Tbspgood quality maple syrup
1/2 tspfresh chopped chives, for garnish
How to Make Maple Ginger Scallops
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season one side with hot paprika; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. When it gets hot, add scallops, seasoned side down, and cook 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side until golden. While one side is searing, season the top with hot paprika.
- After a couple of minutes, flip them and sear for 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Transfer scallops to serving plates; set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add butter to the skillet, swirling it around. Add ginger and sauté for 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Add chicken broth and maple syrup; stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over seared scallops and garnish with chopped chives. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
- To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>>