Australian Shrimp on the Barbie
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1/2 cmelted butter
1/4 colive oil
1/4 cminced fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, cilantro)
3 Tbspfresh lemon juice
3 largegarlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbspminced shallot
·salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 lbmedium large shrimp, unpeeled
·spinach leaves, for garnish
·lemon slices, for garnish
How to Make Australian Shrimp on the Barbie
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix in shrimp. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour or in the refrigerator 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue with medium hot coals.
- Thread shrimp on narrow skewers.
- Grill until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Line platter with spinach. Arrange skewers on platter. Garnish with lemon and serve.