Easy Old Fashioned Cheese Souffle
12 slicesandwich bread, crusts removed (i use whole wheat)
1 csmoked ham, diced
1 1/2 cmixed cheeses, cheddar, gruyere, romano, swiss or your favorite combination
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspdried thyme
1 tspchili flakes
1 tspprepared mustard or 1/2 tsp dry mustard
How to Make Easy Old Fashioned Cheese Souffle
- Lightly grease 9x13 inch casserole dish.
Place 6 slices into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the diced ham and cheese over the bread.
Top with the remaining 6 slices of bread.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, garlic salt, thyme, chili flakes & mustard. Pour mixture over the whole dish, pushing the bread down into the milk.
- Cover the dish with foil & refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, preheat oven to 375 F. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator and set aside for 10 minutes, so the baking dish won't be cold when placing in the oven.
- Bake casserole for 30 - 40 minutes or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove casserole from the oven & let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.