Flavorful Philly Cheesesteak
12 ozbeef flank steak
2 largegreen bell peppers
2 largered bell peppers
2 largeyellow onions
4 Tbspminced garlic
2 1/2 Tbspmccormick montreal steak seasoning
1 pkgbutton mushrooms
9 sliceprovolone cheese
1 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Flavorful Philly Cheesesteak
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Place meat in freezer for 30 minutes (this will help when cutting). Julienne red pepper, green pepper, and onion & slice mushrooms.
- Remove meat and slice thinly across grain into strips. Season meat with oil and steak seasoning and toss with tongs or hands to coat each piece. Place to the side.
- Heat pan to medium high & add steak. Cook for 2 minutes searing. Keeping it pink still- don’t cook through yet. Remove and set to side.
- Add butter & peppers to pan. Cook for 2 minutes then add steak, onions, garlic & mushrooms. Cook until onions and mushrooms are softened- we still need our crunch though, so don’t overcook!
- Remove pan from heat & tear up 3 slices of provolone and throw them into the mixture. Fold them in.
- Open baguettes and place mixture onto them adding overlapping cheese slices on top. Close the sandwich by placing them on aluminum foil and rolling the sandwich closed. Fold the ends closed.. Place each wrapped philly on baking sheet and pop into oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and be careful when opening bc of steam. Enjoy!!!!