Easy Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2- 3 lbcountry ribs from pork butt
1 cdiet ginger ale
1 cbbq sauce (favorite kind)
1 Tbsplight brown sugar, packed
1 tspstevia (1 little packet)
1 tspspicy mustard
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make Easy Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker)
- The night before you want to serve this: Cut off as much fat as possible from meat. Place in zip bag.
- Mix rub ingredients together, add to meat and massage everything together so the meat is covered. Place in refrigerator.
- Next morning: Slice one onion and distribute on bottom of crock pot. Place meat on top and cover with slices of remaining onion. Pour in the ginger ale.
- Cook on HIGH for 8 hours or so. Remove meat to cutting board and pour liquid into measuring cup.
- Use two forks to pull meat apart. The onions will be quite soft and can be pulled along with meat.
- Return meat to crock pot. Add BBQ sauce and some of the liquid - depending on how dry the pork is. If you want to strain out the remaining onion from the reserved liquid, you can add it back to the meat. Or not.
- Cook for another 1-2 hours on LOW. If it seems too dry, add a bit more reserved cooking liquid.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw and pickles.