Crispy Chicken Sandwich
2large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 call purpose flour
2 tspcajun seasoning
1 tspgarlic powder
8toasted hamburger buns
·iceburg lettuce (optional)
·tomato slices (optional)
How to Make Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Heat oil in a deep skillet on medium high or 350 degrees.
- While oil is heating, in a large bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Pour into a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, sift together flour, salt, pepper, cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
- Butterfly and half both chicken breasts then slice crosswise in half to make 8 thinner slices. Pound out chicken to even 1/2 inch thickness.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture, then in egg mixture then back into flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- Fry in hot oil 5 minutes per side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels or metal rack.
- Toast buns under broiler for 4 minutes or so.
- Spread buns with mayo and add lettuce and tomato if desired.