Tropical Pork Kabobs
- 1/3 c
- orange marmalade
- 1/4 c
- orange juice
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 lb
- boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- green bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small
- onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz.) pineapple chunks
- bananas, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- (11 oz.) mandarin oranges
- metal or wood skewers (soak wooden skewers in water before using)
How to Make Tropical Pork Kabobs
- 1In a small saucepan, mix together the marmalade, orange juice, honey and cinnamon. Stir over low heat until mixture bubbles gently.
- 2Divide cubed pork, bell pepper and onion into 4 equal parts and thread on 4 skewers. Thread remaining 4 skewers with pineapple, bananas and mandarin oranges. Place fruit kabobs on large plate and coat with glaze. Set aside.
- 3Spoon glaze over pork kabobs, reserving some glaze for basting. Grill or broil pork kabobs 4-inches from heat source, turning and basting with glaze frequently. Cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with fruit kabobs.
Meal Solution Tip: Serve over steamed rice with toasted almonds added, cinnamon muffins, tossed salad and coconut cream pie .