Roast pork in beer and a mixed onions
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·3.2 kg pork leg
·1 bottle beer (aprox. 330 ml) *
·1 tbsp salt
·2 red onions
·1 larger onion (or 4 shallots)
·1 tsp pepper (freshly ground)
How to Make Roast pork in beer and a mixed onions
- Rub the salt and the pepper all over the meat and give it a good massage
- Shred the onions julienne and place all in the dish you will be roasting the meat. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Add 200 ml beer.
- Place the meat in the dish and cook in the oven for 3 hours at 190 C. For the first hour place the meat skin down and cover with a lid or foil.
- After the first hour turn the meat over and roast for another hour and a half, again, covered.
- In the last 30min of roasting, uncover the meat and pour some of the juices over it. Place back in the oven, increase the temperature to 200 C.
- When the skin has crisped to your liking, turn the oven off. Take out of the oven and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes.