Onion and Cherry Glazed Pork Chops
- pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic-pepper blend seasoning
- 3 tsp
- olive oil, divided
- 2 small
- onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 Tbsp
- packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- sweetened dried cherries
- 3 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
How to Make Onion and Cherry Glazed Pork Chops
- 1Season chops with garlic-pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chops for 6 to 8 minutes or until nicely browned, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 2Cook onions in remaining oil in same skillet, covered, over medium-low heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are lightly browned.
- 3Meanwhile, stir together cornstarch, water, cherries and vinegar; add to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thickened. Add pork chops to skillet; heat through.
Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and peppered coleslaw.