Lentils, chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·250 g chorizo
·250 g lentils (dry, continental version)
·1/2 butternut squash (baked)
·1/2 red pepper (pickled, or fresh)
·10 springs parsley (or coriander) (fresh)
·8-10 pieces tomatoes (sun-dried, oil drained)
·2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
·1-2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
·pepper (freshly ground) to taste
How to Make Lentils, chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven at 190 C.
- Wash and chop the butternut squash. Of course you can add other veggies too if you fancy. Place in a tray and roast for 20-25 min at 200 C.
- While the butternut squash is roasting, slice the chorizo and pan fry for about 8-10 min. Take out on kitchen towel and tap to remove most of the oil. Leave this out if you want it vegetarian.
- Wash thoroughly the lentils and cook according to the pack instructions. Cook al dente as the lentils are extra nice if they are left a little crunchy. I don't like them mushy.
- Peel and slice the onion. Place in the serving dish along with the sausages and the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the butternut squash has softened, take out and add to the onion and the sausages.
- Chop some parsley, add the cooked and drained lentils. Grind some pepper to taste, add some salt although I do not think there is need for any salt as sausages are fairly salty. We did say healthy, right?
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar (add some olive oil if you wish - I love the balsamic vinegar and olive oil combination to this type of salad-type food)