Grilled Pizza "Mama Mia"
Give it your own personal touch with your favorite toppings. Remember it's all about Good Eats and "La Famiglia"!!
3packages of fresh store bought pizza dough (not the one in a tube)
2-3jars of your favorite pizza sauce
5 cmozzarella cheese grated
1 cparmesan cheese grated
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
2 largegarlic cloves pressed
1 cblack olives sliced
2 ccooked ground italian sausage (crumbled)
1 csliced sweet onions (thinly sliced)
1 csliced green peppers (thinly sliced)
2 csliced baby bell mushrooms
1 pkgsliced pepperoni
2 cchopped fresh basil
2 Tbspdry oregano
How to Make Grilled Pizza "Mama Mia"
- Leave pizza dough out on floured wooden surface, for about 3 to four hours. Let it raise and get to room temp.
- Press garlic cloves into olive oil in small bowl. let stand for few hours.
- In large bowl combine mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. (Refrigerate if not using right away.)
- Slice all your veggies. (All these steps you can do ahead of time) Basil you chop when ready to make pizzas.
- Preheat clean BBQ grill at about medium heat (400 degrees).
Cut each pizza dough in half. (each dough will make about two 12 inch pizzas) Stretch pizza with rolling pin on flour surface. (Work it a little, you'll get there) Lay each pizza on it's own round dinner plate.
- Lay a couple pizza at a time on the grill and cover, for about 3 minutes.( Make sure you check them and they have nice grill marks.) When ready pull, place them on each plate (grill marks up) Lower temp to about 300 degrees.
- Brush on olive oil and garlic mixture on each and put sauce on them. Sprinkle cheese. Here are a few of my favorite combinations:
-Sausage, peppers, onions and oregano
- Mushrooms and onions
-Pepperoni with mushrooms, black olives and oregano
- Sausage, mushrooms and fresh basil (Remember basil you put on when ready to serve)
- Now! Place pizza back on grill and cover. Let it grill for about 6 minutes until cheese melts. (keep an eye on them you may need to leave a little longer of less)
- Slice and Serve...Fun and Yummy!