Golabki (Polish Stuffed Cabbage)
1 largehead of cabbage (about 4 pounds)
1 1/2 lbground beef
1/2 lbground pork
1 1/2 ccooked rice
2 can(s)condensed tomato soup
2 1/2 cwater
1 tspseason salt
How to Make Golabki (Polish Stuffed Cabbage)
- Remove the core from the cabbage and place the whole head into a large pot filled with boiling water. Add 1 teaspoon salt to the water. Cover and cook 3 minutes, or until softened enough to pull off leaves.
- Remove about 30 leaves and cut the large hard stem out. Chop remaining cabbage.
- Brown pork and beef in a skillet, add cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Place a heaping tablwspoonful of meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf. Tuck sides over filling while rolling up the leaf.
- Place half the chopped cabbage into a large dutch oven. Fill with layers of cabbage rolls. Cover with remaining chopped cabbage.
- Mix tomato soup, water and season salt together and pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.