Camp Rice in the Instant Pot
J. White Harris
2large onions, chopped
·a fist size chunk of salt pork or bacon, chopped
1 clong grain rice, uncooked
1 largecan tomatoes, about a quart
1 tspcelery seeds
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Camp Rice in the Instant Pot
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. When the Instant Pot has heated up add the salt pork and cook for about 4 minutes stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Add the chopped onions and cook another 4 or 5 minutes stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender and add them to the Instant Pot along with rice, sugar, celery seed, and black pepper. Give a quick stir to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and push the RICE button. (Cooking rice is one of the programs available for the Instant Pot.)
- After pressure cooking has finished allow the cooker to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down, this will take 10 to 15 minutes.