Bavarian Pork Chops
- thick cut chops - about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- chopped green onion(s)
- 2 clove
- garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp
- ground thyme
- 1 c
- beer room temperature
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c
- hot cooked buttered noodles optional
- chopped fresh parsley optional
How to Make Bavarian Pork Chops
- 1Lightly flour chops. Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foaming. Brown chops quickly on both sides; remove from skillet.
- 2Add mushrooms, green onions, garlic and thyme to skillet; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is soft.
- 3Return chops to skillet, add beer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 7 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with buttered noodles, garnished with parsley, if desired.