Asparagus Puff Pastry Flat Bread Pizza
1 Tbspolive oil
3 clovegarlic minced
1 mediumshallot chopped
1 lbasparagus trimmed
1puff pastry sheet
1/2 cricotta cheese
1/2 cparmigiano reggiano grated
How to Make Asparagus Puff Pastry Flat Bread Pizza
- beat the egg with a little water. Set aside. Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the shallot, garlic and asparagus and saute until crisp tender. Remove from heat.
- Roll out the puff pastry into about a 20 x 15 rectangle. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the ricotta cheese over the puff pastry leaving a 1 inch border around the edge
- Top with the asparagus mixture. Add the parmigiano reggiano cheese. Roll up the sides of the puff pastry and brush the egg mixture on the borders
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the basil leaves the last 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a bit and cut into squares.