Recipe is my own. Photo is from Lillian Russo trying it. She did amazing!
2 lbground beef or turkey
1 mdonion, chopped
2 can10.75 oz. tomato soup
1 can10.75 oz. warm water
1 pkgwide egg noodles
2 can14 oz. sauerkraut, drained very well
3/4 cbrown sugar
2 cswiss cheese, shredded
·garlic powder with parsley
·salt and pepper
How to Make Sauerkraut Casserole-Annette's
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef or turkey with chopped onion and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper until done.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package. Make sure you don't over cook them. You want them slightly al dente.
- Mix 1 can of warm water with the 2 cans of tomato soup. Make sure you have all the lumps out of the soup and it is mixed well and smooth. Pour over hamburger or turkey evenly. Use a fork as you are pouring the soup along the sides of the pan to pull the mixture away from the edges to allow some of the soup to seep down the sides slightly.
- Don't forget the garlic bread and/or a nice lettuce salad to accompany this great casserole. Enjoy!
- ****This recipe is great and easy to make ahead of time. Just assemble and throw it in the fridge then pull it out when you get home from work and pop it in the oven. If you do this though, you may need to adjust your baking time to closer to 60 min.****