Sara's Pasta with Faux Cheese Sauce (Vegan)
This recipe made enough to serve three of us along with a salad and garlic bread, but if you wanted to serve more – it’s easy to just double up on everything.
- 5 ounces dried pasta (macaroni, spaghetti, whatever your preference)
- 1 yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- pinch turmeric (for color)
- ½ tsp. of salt
- dry bread crumbs, lightly tossed in olive oil, for topping
How to Make Sara's Pasta with Faux Cheese Sauce (Vegan)
- 1Preheat oven to 375º F. Lightly oil small casserole dish and set aside.
- 2Place potato, carrot and onion in saucepan with enough water to just cover. Bring to boil, cover and gently boil until all are soft. Drain and reserve ¾ cup cooking water.
- 3In separate saucepan, cook pasta according to pkg. directions; drain and set aside.
- 4Place cashews, ¾ cup hot vegetable water, drained vegetables, lemon juice and seasonings into a blender or food processor. Process about 3 minutes or until a creamy consistency is reached.
- 5Pour sauce over your cooked pasta, toss to combine and turn into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs tossed in olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.