Rog's Cavatini Recipe
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh, this recipe brings back so many memories! My cousin and I spent many a night enjoying Pizza Hut cavatini and this is a dead ringer! I can’t wait to prepare it again for my family. The Test Kitchen
- 3 large
- green bell peppers
- 2 large
- onions, diced
- 2 oz
- (1/2) stick, margerine
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 lb
- assorted pastas (wheels, shells, spirals, ziti)
- 6 oz
- pepperoni, sliced thin, then cut in half
- 8 oz
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 lb
- hamburger, browned
- 1/2 lb
- italian sausage, browned
- 1 1/2 jar(s)
- (32 oz.total) meat flavored prego sauce, 1 jar traditional, 1/2 jar marinara
How to Make Rog's Cavatini Recipe
- 1Melt margarine over medium high heat in a skillet.
Add onions, peppers, and garlic powder. Sauté for about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to box directions.
Heat sauce and combine with cooked hamburger and cooked sausage.
Use cooking spray to lightly grease an 11 X 13 casserole dish.
Make about 2 layers
Place 1/2 of the cooked pasta in the dish,
followed by 1/2 the vegetables,
1/2 of the pepperoni,
and 1/2 sauce, meat mixture.
Repeat another layer. Spread mozzarella and parmesan cheese over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2Layers Are:
Sauce and meat mixture
Top with cheese