Roasted Red Pepper & Scallop Fettuccine
Recipe / Photo Adapted from Land o Lakes
- whole red peppers
- 16 oz
- package uncooked dried fettuccine
- 1/4 c
- butter (or margarine)
- 2 tsp
- finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 c
- sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 lb
- fresh, or frozen, large scallops
- 16 oz
- carton dairy sour cream
- salt to taste
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper & Scallop Fettuccine
- 1Heat oven to 400 F.
Place whole red peppers on cookie sheet.
Bake, turning occasionally, for 25 to 35 minutes or until skins are blackened.
- 2Cool; remove skins and seeds.
In a 5 cup blender, puree peppers on high until smooth (30 to 45 seconds).
- 3Prepare fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
In a 10 inch skillet melt butter; add garlic.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- 4Add green onions and scallops.
Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until scallops are tender (5 to 7 minutes).
Stir in sour cream and red pepper puree until well mixed
- 5Continue cooking until heated through (4 to 6 minutes).
In a large bowl toss together scallop mixture and cooked fettuccine.
Season to taste