Pasta shells filled with spinach and cheese
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 pack pasta shells
·300 g ricotta cheese
·200 g spinach (fresh)
·1/4 tsp nutmeg (freshly ground)
·1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
·270 g cheese (mixed, grated; cheddar and mozzarella)
·1/2 tsp salt
·400 g tomato sauce (passata) *
·1 tsp italian herbs
·3-4 tbsp parmesan cheese (to sprinkle when serving)
How to Make Pasta shells filled with spinach and cheese
- Cook the pasta for about 5 min until the shells are becoming bigger and easy to fill. I would recommend to cook them half way so if the pack says 10 min you cook them for 4-5 min. Keep an eye on those so they are not overly cooked. (See recipe notes for some tips)
- Wash the spinach and cook for 2 minutes in a frying pan with a sprinkle of water or milk if you want, a pinch of salt, one of pepper and some freshly ground nutmeg. When finish turn heat off and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix the ricotta cheese with 3/4 (180g) of the grated cheese, another pinch of nutmeg and add the spinach. Mix well.
- Preheat oven at 180 C.
- Prepare the baking dish (20cm x 30cm) and start filling the shells with roughly about a tbsp of cheese and spinach mixture until you have finished all shells and the cheese.
- Pour over (evenly) the tomato sauce and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 C.
- Half way through, take the dish out and sprinkle the remaining (90g) of the grated cheese. Place back in the oven and bake till nice and golden brown.
- When finish baking take out of the oven and serve with a light sprinkle of Parmesan on top. Enjoy!! It is..... Delicious