Olive Mac 'N Beans
* It can be made without the prosciutto for a vegetarian dish.
** Bacon, ham, smoked sausage, pepperoni may be used in place of prosciutto.
*** Make ahead and serve cold as a side dish.
·olive oil, extra virgin
3-4 clovegarlic, minced
·sea salt or kosher salt
·black pepper, fresh ground
2-4 sliceprosciutto, slice into strips
1/2 jar(s)green olives with pimento, sliced
1 can(s)cannelini beans, drained
1 pkgmacaroni, cooked
How to Make Olive Mac 'N Beans
- heat a large skillet, add 2 Tbsp olive oil. when oil is warm add butter to melt.
- add garlic and saute until it melts into the oil and butter then add prosciutto and saute until it starts to curl around the edges like bacon. add salt and pepper to taste (remember the olives and prosciutto are already salty)
- add green olives and toss in the garlic and prosciutto. Now add the drained cannelini beans and toss to coat with the garlic mixture.
- at this point you will need to add olive oil a little at a time until all ingredients are coated. lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- add cooked macaroni to pan and toss until completely coated. again you may have to add a small amount of olive oil. serve immediately.