Mexi Mac by Maggie
It was lacking .. so we made several adjustments and came up with our own version that, quite simply put, is scrumpdillyumptious !
It's easy and can all be one in 1 pot.
The blue box is for convenience only ... if you have your own awesome recipe for mac and cheese by all means use that !
It's quick and is a super dish to take to a pot luck.
It makes a lot.
We usually eat it alone but on those days when we are extra hungry a little green salad and a few tortilla chips make great go-alongs.
3/4 lblean ground beef
2 Tbsptaco seasoning mix
1/4 cgreen bell pepper - diced
1/4 cred bell pepper - diced
1/2 cyellow or spanish onion - diced
1 pkgblue box mac and cheese
1small can (4 oz) diced green chilies - heat of your choice
2 ccorn .. either fresh or frozen or canned - your preference
2 csalsa .. we prefer the thick and chunky kind - heat level of your choice
·sour cream for garnish
·black olives - sliced - for garnish
·chopped chives for garnish
How to Make Mexi Mac by Maggie
- In a medium size pot brown the ground beef over medium heat.
- About half way through the browning process add the green peppers, red peppers, onions and taco seasoning.
Continue cooking until the meat is done and the vegies are tender.
Drain and place meat mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Add water to the pot and bring to a boil.
Drop the pasta from the mac and cheese into the boiling water and cook for 6 - 7 minutes.
Follow the package instructions to complete the mac and cheese.
- When your mac and cheese is finished, stir the meat mixture, the green chilies, corn and salsa and warm through.
- Once your mixture is warmed through, serve in a bowl with a dollop of sour cream and some sliced black olives and chopped chives for garnish.