Light and Delicious Spaghetti Squash
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The flavors in this recipe are so darn good! We served it with chicken, but it would be de-lish on its own as well. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Light and Delicious Spaghetti Squash
- To cook spaghetti squash quickly, make several holes in the squash using a fork, then pop it in the microwave for about 10-12 minutes (about 4-5 minutes a pound). Allow to cool for several minutes.
- Remove from microwave and cut open lengthwise.
- Using a fork, scrape out contents (it will be stringy) into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just turning brown.
- Add the tomato. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Top with the spinach leaves and cover for about 2 minutes. The spinach will cook and reduce down.
- Uncover. Break up the spinach with a wooden spoon. It will start to clump together once cooked.
- Add the spaghetti squash a little at a time and stir in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add parsley as a nice garnish and serve!