Italian Wedding Soup
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- onion (chopped)
- garlic cloves (minced)
- salt and pepper
- bag baby spinach (or 1/2 carton frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry of excess moisture)
- 2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- 46 oz
- chicken broth
- 1/2 c
- small pasta (ancini di pepe)
- 1/2 lb
- mini meatballs, cooked
How to Make Italian Wedding Soup
- 1Heat olive oil in a big soup pot on medium low heat. Add onion, a dash of salt & pepper, and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- 2Add entire bag of spinach to the pot, stir to coat with oil, add a couple more dashes of salt & pepper and allow spinach to wilt and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Whisk eggs and parmesan cheese together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 4When spinach is cooked, add chicken broth to pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Add mini meatballs and cook for an additional minute, or until heated through.
- 5Stream egg and cheese mixture into soup and stir gently in a circular motion. Allow egg to cook for an additional minute.
Ready to eat!
(if you make your own meatballs, drop them in chicken broth with the pasta and let them cook together for the same amount of time)