Delicious Peanut Soup
This makes a very elegant presentation and be prepared to give out the recipe if you serve it.
- 32 oz
- chicken stock, unsalted
- 5 1/2 c
- 12 oz
- fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 c
- uncooked garden rotini pasta **
- 1 c
- frozen whole-kernal corn
- 1/2 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c
- real bacon pieces ( fried well, but not crispy; or use pre-pkg.d.)
- 1 tsp
- green onions, chopped (save some for garnish)
- 1/2 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese or feta crumbles
- 1 c
- planter's five alarm dry roasted peanuts
- green onions with tops, chopped
How to Make Delicious Peanut Soup
- 1Bring chicken stock and water to a boil.
- 2Add rotini pasta**, corn, onions, peanut butter feta, salt and bacon. Boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium high and continue cooking about 45 minutes.
The vegetables and pasta will be very tender. Stir in evaporated milk the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 3Garnish with chopped green onion and tops, grated cheddar cheese, and the five alarm peanuts.
You could substitute feta cheese for the garnish in place of cheddar. If you don't like hot and spicy peanuts, substitute any dry roasted peanut. But don't skip the peanuts they really add to this dish!
- 4If you want to prepare soup ahead and place in a crockpot:
Add pasta to boiling stock/water and cook until al dente. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to stir in with the evaporated milk 30 minutes before serving.
After the pasta is removed add everything else to stock and cook about 45 minutes. Put in slow cooker on low. 30 minutes before serving add pasta and milk, stir well. Heat through. Serve with garnishes.