Tenderstem broccoli and buffalo hoisin stir fry
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·400 g broccoli (tenderstem)
·400 g buffalo meat
·1 large carrot
·2 peppers (any color)
·2 onions (both white and red)
·200 g beans (green, french or flat)
·1 tbsp sesame seeds (mixed)
·1 tsp coconut oil
·2 cloves garlic
·1 tbsp hoisin sauce (sweet)
·3-4 drops worcester sauce
·1 tsp indonesian soy sauce (sweet)
·1 tbsp tamari sauce (to marinate the meat)
·1/3 lemon (use the juice to marinate the meat)
How to Make Tenderstem broccoli and buffalo hoisin stir fry
- Start by preparing the vegetables first so they are all preparare and ready to cook when needed. Peel, wash and cut onions julienne or however you fancy but not finely chopped but rather chunckier.
- Peel, wash and shave the carrot. Put the shavings aside.
- Wash and split/cut the broccoli stems from the the florets. Put aside on a plate.
- Cut the peppers and the beans and set, separately aside.
- Peel the garlic and chop roughly.
- Take out the sauces and make ready.
- Shred the meat into thin strips and place in a bowl with some Tamari sauce and the lemon juice. Remember to turn and toss a few times so meat does get marinated properly.
- Place a deeper pan on medium fire with half of the coconut oil in. Add the onions and the beans. Cook for 2 minutes tossing it a couple of times. No need to cover.
- Add the broccoli stems and the peppers. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli tips and the carrot shavings and the garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the sauces, one by one and cook for one more minute.
- Turn the fire/stove off and leave it aside for now.
- Cooking the meat will only take two minutes so you can either do it in parallel and start at step 10 or 11 to finish all at once but if you don't feel confident doing this just leave it for the last bit, it will only take a couple of minutes so no panic of veggies getting cold. Place a frying pan on fire (set high) add the coconut oil in and when it starts sizzling add the marinated meat. Crash some pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the vegetables on serving plates and add the meat, sprinkle some sesame seeds and enjoy!