Leftovers Fried Rice by Maggie
I have a picky eater in my house so often times the normal get tossed out the window.
This is the concoction that was pronounced the winner and I'm happy to share it with you.
1 ccooked and cooled white rice
1/3 cchopped water chestnuts
4medium to large mushrooms chopped
1egg - scambled soft
2 Tbspchopped green onion - the white parts
1/2 + cleftover protein - pork chop, shrimp, chicken, steak - whatever you have
·soy sauce or tamari sauce
How to Make Leftovers Fried Rice by Maggie
- Get all of your vegies and meat cut appropriately.
- Heat about a Tablespoon of oil in a pot and when it's hot toss in the mushrooms and stir until lightly browned. Then add the rest of the vegies and the meat and stir around until it's all nice and hot. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 - 2 Tablespoons oil to your pan and heat it to about 325 then toss the rice in all at once and start stirring. Keep the rice moving and you will see it begin to get a tiny crisp.
- Toss in the heated vegies and meat and stir. Toss in the soft scrambled egg and stir to mix.
Now begin shaking the soy sauce - Tamari sauce if you are using that - into the pot of rice and stir.
The amount you use depends on how much of that flavor you enjoy. I put it in until my rice is just barely tinged brown - that way we can add the amount extra that we both prefer.
- When it's all done remove and put into a serving bowl.
Garnish with the green onion tops and serve with soy sauce or Tamari Sauce