Japanese Chicken Soba Noodles
6 ozsoba noodles
1 Tbspcanola oil
1 Tbspsesame oil
2 largechicken breasts, cubed
1 1/2 cred onions, thinly sliced and cut in half
1 1/2 cred peppers, seeded, ribs removed, thinly sliced
1 1/2 ccarrots, thinly sliced and cut in third
2 cpurple cabbage, thinly sliced and cut in half
1 1/2 cpeanut sauce
1/4 cpeanuts, coarsely chopped, for garnish
How to Make Japanese Chicken Soba Noodles
- In a large pot of boiling water (no salt), add noodles and cook for 3 to 3 ½ minutes. Drain in the colander before transferring them in a large bowl filled with very cold water. Swirl them around to dislodge starch, preventing them from getting gummy.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and sesame oil. When hot, add chicken breasts; season and sauté until no longer pink. Using a spider strainer or slotted spoon, transfer cubed chicken to a bowl; set aside.
- Back to saucepan; reduce heat to medium and add onions, peppers, carrots and cabbage; sauté until just soft about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain noodles from the cold water bowl and transfer them to a bowl filled with very hot (not boiling) water to warm up.
- Return chicken to skillet; sauté to heat through. Add warm soba noodles and pour in peanut sauce; stir until well mixed. Spoon mixture into bowls and garnish with coarsely chopped peanuts.
- To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>>