Hotdogs and Sauerkraut Casserole
How to Make Hotdogs and Sauerkraut Casserole
- Place half of the saurkraut with juice in a baking dish. Add hotdogs, as many as you will feed, on top of sauerkraut. No need to grease pan.
- Add second half of sauerkraut with juice on top of placed hotdogs. Baking dish size depends on how many people you are serving and dogs being used. If 6-8 dogs, use a 13x9. Make sure to have enough kraut to cover. Use a smaller baking dish if only making for one or two.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins. I like to see little tinges of browning on the tops of the sauerkraut. If the dogs split open a little, no worries.
- I do highly recomend pairing this with boiled potaoes with butter on top, green beans and applesauce as they just go so well together! You will not believe the flavor of the hotdogs! Sometimes I will put a little mustard on the hotdogs.
- You can also use sausages instead of hotdogs. You can also put the dogs and the kraut in a bun with mustard on top and it is delicous with frys also.
The flavor of the dog cooked in the kraut juice...its just to die for, if you love sauerkraut as I do!