Dave's Shepherd's Pie
Cindi M Bauer
1 lb(90% lean) ground beef
1/2 cchopped onion
1 can(s)(10-50 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)(15.25 oz.) corn, drained
1 can(s)(14.75 oz.) cream style sweet corn
1/2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1-1/2 cshredded colby jack cheese
2 (4 oz.)pkgs. instant mashed potatoes, cooked according to package directions
·salt and pepper, sprinkle in a bit of each
·ground cayenne pepper, sprinkle abit over the instant potatoes
How to Make Dave's Shepherd's Pie
- Brown the ground beef with the onion in a large nonstick skillet. Drain off the excess grease.
- In a 9x13-inch baking pan, spread the cooked ground beef and onion in an even layer.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup over the cooked meat and onion mixture, followed by the corn, and then the cream style sweet corn.
- Top with the shredded cheese and then the mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the mashed potatoes, followed by the cayenne red pepper.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 375° F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Yields: 8 to 10 servings