How to Make Cheese Frenchee
- Make 3 sandwiches using 2 slices of bread spread with Miracle Whip or mayo (Kings used Miracle Whip), and 2 slices of American cheese for each sandwich. Cut the crusts off, and then slice each sandwich diagonally, to make 4 triangles.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, flour & salt and whisk to make a batter.
- Dip each triangle in the batter, covering completely. Let the excess drip off, and then coat with crumbs.
- Fry the triangles in 375 degree oil until golden brown.
- *Note: If you are just making one sandwich for yourself, you can use the leftover batter & crumbs to make onion rings. They are wonderful!!