Beetroot and Halloumi cheese burgers on flat bread
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 eggs large
·3 small beets (baked)
·350 g halloumi cheese
·1/2 cauliflower head (leaves including)
·1 broccoli stalk
·1 med leek
·1 tbsp mixed sesame seeds
·1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
·1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
·1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
·2 tbsp oil or coconut oil (for cooking)
·2 handful salad (chopped)
·2 tbsp salad cream to drizzle
How to Make Beetroot and Halloumi cheese burgers on flat bread
- In a food processor use the grating blade and grate the pre-cooked beets, the courgette and the halloumi cheese.
- Place all in a big bowl.
- Remove the grater blade and place the cutting/chopping blade.
- Place the roughly chopped leek and the brocoli and cauliflower stalks also roughly chopped into big chunks.
- Activate the food processor and chop until the become rice size bits.
- Add to the grated veg and cheese and mix.
- Take another bowl out and place aside.
- Take a handful of the mix at one time and squeeze (over a deep plate) the extra juice out of it. Place all the squeezed mix into the spare bowl
- Sprinkle the Cheyenne pepper a generous pinch of freshly ground pepper, sesame seeds, nutmeg (if you decided to put in) and the eggs. Mix until well incorporated.
- Place a non stick pan with a little bit of oil on medium heat and allow it to get a little hot before you add the burgers.
- You may prepare all the burgers ahead and place them on a chopping board ready to be cooked.