Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
(If you're interested, morning star crumbles can be added, or soyrizo. But since I serve mine with my soyrizo red rice, I leave out the meat substitutes.)
2 mediumbell peppers
16 ozfrozen corn
32 oz can(s)refried beans (black or pinto, your choice)
32 oz can(s)whole beans
1 can(s)diced green chiles
·sliced black olives (as much or as little as you like)
·green onions (as much or as little as you like)
1 can(s)enchilada sauce (red or green, i prefer red)
How to Make Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- Slice up your bell peppers and onions to desired size and in a large skillet (with your choice oil, butter, or non stick spray)saute until almost floppy, then add frozen corn. season with salt and pepper (i'm a minimalist, add whatever seasoning you like)and cook until corn is no longer frozen.
- In a large pot combine whole beans, refried beans, and green chiles. Cook until hot.
- In a casserole dish, pour a little enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the dish. Layer six tortillas to cover the bottom. Spread enough of the bean mixture on top of the tortillas to cover them. I usually only do about 2 layers, so it's safe to use half the bean mixture for this first layer. Then, on top of the beans, add a layer of the corn mixture. Cover this layer with a blanket of cheese (I <3 cheese).
- Now add another six tortillas, a little sauce, and then another layer of beans, corn, and cheese (if you like). Cover this with another layer of tortillas.
- Now for the decorative fun. Pour enough sauce to coat the top tortillas. (It's a little late but, if you wanna go light on the sauce, you can always pour the sauce in a plate and just coat the tortillas and then place them in the layer.)Blanket the top of your casserole with CHEEEEEEEESE, and then sprinkle green onions and olives.
- put it in the oven.... bake until cheese is melted and maybe a little brown. Takes about 30 minutes (i said 40 for safe measures). If you over stuffed the pan as I often do, just put a baking sheet underneath to catch the mess.